How to correctly diagnose the main types of acne in Valencia?
Acne is the technical term for old, inflamed and encapsulated sebaceous glands that occur when skin pores become clogged with dead, old skin and oil, creating a favorable environment for bacteria to thrive. As a result, the skin becomes inflamed and becomes red and swollen.
Diagnosis of the main types of acne in Valencia should include a procedure for examining and diagnosing the patient. The doctor should conduct a detailed examination of the patient's skin, as well as check for signs of infection. Additional studies such as biopsy or microscopic examination may be required to obtain a more accurate diagnosis.
Various methods can be used to diagnose acne in Valencia, including clinical examination, diagnostic tests, biopsy and microscopic examination. Acne diagnosis in Valencia may require additional tests such as a biopsy or microscopic examination. As a result of the diagnosis, the doctor can suggest a suitable course of treatment for the patient.
What preventive measures can be taken to prevent acne in Valencia?
To prevent acne in Valencia, it is recommended to adhere to the following preventive measures:
1. Be sure to use sun protection, including sunscreens with a high content of protective factors, glasses and hats.
2. Limit your exposure to the sun during periods of high UV radiation.
3. Use medications to help prevent acne, such as antibiotics and retinoids.
4. Stick to the right diet, eat right and fully.
5. Consult a doctor at the first symptom of acne.
6. Maintain proper skin hygiene, use mild soaps and do not use harsh cleaning products.
What procedures can be done to eliminate acne in Valencia?
In Valencia, various treatments are available to treat acne. One of the most effective ways is laser therapy. This method allows you to remove acne without consequences and damage to the skin. Also, to eliminate acne, you can undergo a procedure of microelectrosurgery. This method also allows you to remove acne without consequences. Another popular method is the peroxidation procedure. Also, to eliminate acne, you can undergo a plasmolifting procedure. Depending on the severity of the disease and the individual needs of the patient, the doctor may recommend one of these methods to eliminate acne.
If you have mild blackheads and the most common small blackheads, then you can try over-the-counter acne treatment products. You can even try using more than one product at the same time, which may be more effective than using the drugs alone. Although it doesn't happen often, some people have severe allergic reactions to acne products. If your condition does not improve after 3 months, seek the advice of a doctor or specialist.
Is there anything I can do to reduce acne?
Yes, taking good care of your skin has a big impact on acne. Here is what we can recommend first:
- Wash your face no more than twice a day. Use warm, not hot water and do not use harsh soap. Instead, use a mild facial soap, or wash your face without using soap often.
- Don't squash pimples unnecessarily and don't rub your face often with your hands. This can aggravate acne and damage the structure of the skin. In addition, it can cause new infections. Many of our neurotic patients constantly and unconsciously touch their facial skin, irritate it and infect it.
- Avoid makeup and skin products that contain oil. They can make acne worse. If you're using a moisturizing lotion, it's best to use one labeled "non-comedogenic".
What professional services can be obtained for acne treatment in Valencia?
A wide range of professional acne treatment services are available in Valencia. You can get advice from a dermatologist, as well as undergo laser therapy, mechanical cleaning and peeling. Depending on the severity of the disease and individual needs, the doctor may suggest a treatment program that may include the use of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as the use of creams and gels to treat acne. In some cases, it may be necessary to use injections to speed up the healing process.
What treatments can be used to effectively treat acne in Valencia?
Doctors both in Valencia and throughout Spain treat acne with standard and protocolized types of medicines. Sometimes they suggest using more than one medication at a time. There is no one-size-fits-all remedy or combination that works for all skin types in the same way. On the contrary, it is often necessary to try different medications until you find the one that works best for you!
Most acne medications are sold by prescription. Here is some of them:
- Retinoids are medicines that help protect the skin. Most retinoids are available as a gel or cream that is applied to the skin. Some examples of receptor retinoids include tretinoin (trade name: Retin-A), adapalene (Differin), and tazarotene (Tazorac). A form of adapalene gel can also be obtained without a prescription. These medications can help improve the dark spots that cause acne on the skin.
- Products that help rejuvenate the skin. Products like salicylic acid and glycolic acid help remove layers of dead skin. They can reduce acne by helping to unclog pores.
- Antibioticsused specifically in dermatology. Antibiotics that reduce acne by killing the bacteria inside the pimple. They also help reduce inflammation. These drugs are, in particular, erythromycin, clindamycin, dapsone (trade name: Aczone) and others.
- Azelaic acid. This substance helps keep pores open and can kill bacteria in the grains. It also improves the dark spots that cause acne on the skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide - Kills bacteria and helps unclog pores. Benzoyl peroxide is also available over the counter.
- Broad spectrum antibiotics. Antibiotics work in the same way as topical antibiotic gels or lotions, but they tend to be stronger and can cause unpleasant side effects. Augmentine causes diarrhea in some patients.
- Birth control pills. Some of the skin reactions that cause acne are controlled by hormones. For this reason, birth control pills can sometimes help with acne. This is the so-called "hormonal acne", a feature of which is deep inflamed acne, which, when it passes into the stage of scarring, then their internal healing process involves scarring and thickening of tissues, which leads to the appearance of a noticeable deformation of the upper layer of the skin.
- Isotretinoin. One of the retinoid drugs that revolutionized the treatment of acne (known as Rocutan in Spain). This medicine is very effective for severe acne, but it can also cause serious side effects and has a number of absolute contraindications. It is a teratogenic drug, which means that women who want to take isotretinoin must take strict precautions to avoid pregnancy.
- If you want to get pregnant, check with your doctor before attempting treatment. Many of the medications used to treat acne are not safe for a growing fetus. You need to wait two to three months until the retinoid (isotretinoin) drug is completely eliminated from the body.
WE ARE FREQUENTLY ASKED WHAT DOES DIET AFFECT ACNE?
We can say with confidence that nutrition does not affect the development of acne, because the physiological mechanism of acne is the increased growth of the skin, which is regulated by hormones.