Computed tomography-CT in Valencia
Computed tomography is a modern method of radiation diagnostics, which is based on the phenomenon of X-ray radiation. However, unlike traditional X-ray, CT provides an opportunity to obtain a layer-by-layer image of not only bone structures, but also soft tissues and organs. With the help of CT, a specialist can assess the state of a particular organ, identify the presence of a pathological process and clearly establish the area of its distribution.
Computed tomography is a safe and painless method that has gained immense popularity in modern medicine. Unlike such traumatic diagnostic methods as puncture, CT allows diagnosing diseases of tissues and internal organs with the same accuracy, but does not harm the patient. Due to this, computed tomography is used both for the purpose of primary diagnosis and for the purpose of clarifying previously diagnosed diagnoses.
High quality and resolution tomography
The success of the study by computed tomography is largely determined by the use of equipment that meets the latest requirements. You can have a CT scan in Valencia by contacting us. Modern multispiral tomographs make it possible to reduce the risks of examination and eliminate the negative consequences of the procedure for the patient, as well as to see a complete and accurate picture of the disease.
Such a tomograph in a very short time (no more than a few minutes) allows you to obtain an image with a high resolution – this is enough for a specialist to make a diagnosis with almost 100% accuracy. Usually, a single examination is sufficient to make a diagnosis, the exception is tomography with the introduction of a contrast agent (in this case, the procedure can be repeated two or more times).
With all the safety of computed tomography, this procedure still involves radiation exposure to the patient’s body, therefore, the appointment of CT is necessarily justified by a specialist. The radiation dose during the passage of tomography is strictly controlled by the equipment and is safe for health. Once performed, the tomography will not harm the body. However, CT scans are often avoided.
MAIN TYPES OF COMPUTER TOMOGRAPHY IN SPAIN
There are the following types of CT, distinguished depending on the area of interest:
- Coronary computed tomography – examination of the heart arteries.
- Virtual colonoscopy – examination of the colon for polyps. A distinctive feature of this procedure is the injection of air into the intestine, for which a small cannula is previously inserted. This allows you to get sharper pictures.
- Angiography is a study of the condition of the arteries. In most cases, angiography precedes a treatment plan for conditions such as blockages in the arteries or aneurysms. The high resolution of images obtained with the help of modern tomographs allows you to see even microscopic violations of the patency of arteries, as well as to study small vessels (up to 1 mm).
- Emergency computed tomography of the brain.
Other specialized types of research carried out on modern tomographs:
- tomography of the heart and coronary arteries,
- calcium screening,
- urological tomography,
- dental examination,
- examination of the brain,
- CT of the nervous system with contrast injection,
- virtual preoperative navigation,
- high resolution tomography.
DETAILED INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
There are no absolute contraindications to computed tomography. An examination on a tomograph is assigned to a patient regardless of the condition (even a patient who is on artificial lung ventilation can be examined). A relative contraindication is pregnancy and childhood – in these cases, the doctor must carefully weigh the pros and cons of such an examination before prescribing, since CT still involves receiving a dose of X-ray radiation.
It is also necessary to be careful with tomography with intravenous administration of iodine-containing contrast. The contrast agent can significantly increase the amount of data obtained, but this method is not recommended for patients with a high risk of allergies. Your doctor may recommend an allergy test before a contrast-enhanced tomography is done if an allergy is suspected.
PREPARATION FOR CT IN VALENCIA
Before the examination, the patient and the doctor jointly discuss and set a date for the procedure. If CT scan with contrast is prescribed, then the patient should refrain from eating any food for at least three hours before the procedure.
When prescribing an examination of the gastrointestinal tract, intestinal contrasting is often used. In this case, immediately before the procedure, the patient drinks a liquid with a contrast agent dissolved in it.
HOW THE SURVEY IS CONDUCTED
Computed tomography is quick and does not require hospitalization. Before the procedure, the patient is placed on a mobile table, which is then moved to the frame of the apparatus. The frame of the CT scanner is wide enough to make the person feel comfortable during the procedure. For claustrophobic patients, CT is the best diagnostic method.
Sometimes the need to use a contrast agent arises directly during the examination. Contrast is needed so that the specialist can get clearer pictures of the problem area or organ. A contrast agent is an iodine compound administered intravenously. Therefore, if you are allergic to iodine, you must inform your doctor before starting the CT scan.
The analysis results are usually prepared the next day after the examination. The patient can pick up the results on his own or get them from his attending physician (or from a specialist who was given a referral for examination).
Our company VALINTERMED provides computed tomography in the best clinics in Valencia.
Price in the section “Services”
In which cities of the Comunidad Valenciana are the Ascires clinics located?
- Valencia – Clinic Ascires Campanar (Address: Carrer del Marqués de Sant Joan, 4-6, 46015 València, Valencia)
- Puerto de Sagunto – Clinic Ascires Sagunto (Address: C, Avinguda de l’Advocat Fausto Caruana, 11, 46520 Sagunto, Valencia)
- Castellon – Clinic Ascires Castellon (Address: Carrer de Betxí, 7, 12004 Castelló de la Plana, Castelló)
- Gandia – Clinic Ascires Gandia (Address: Av. d’Alacant, 123, Nave 6, 46702 Gandia, Valencia)
- Xativa – Clinic Ascires Xativa (Address: Ronda Séquia de la Vila, S/N, 46800, Valencia)
CALL-center 961 86 89 98