Blood tests and diagnosis of diseases in Valencia
What do you need to know before getting a blood test?
In the Valencian Community (Comunidad Valenciana) we have laboratories (biochemical and genetic) in which all laboratory examinations are available for all categories of patients. Many tests are specific to a particular disease or a group of related diseases. And other laboratory tests are often used for chronic conditions.
When you visit your attending physician, you will most likely receive a referral for analytical blood tests, or analysis of other biological fluids and tissues.
We perform analysis mainly for these main reasons:
Screening is a type of tests to detect an early stage or latent form of the disease
Diagnosis of diseases and confirmation of the diagnosis – tumor markers
Assessment of the severity of the disease in order to establish treatment
Monitoring treatment response and prognosis
I would like to remind all patients and some specialists that the most important thing is a complete and concise history of a person’s illness, with all the details, and then laboratory tests. Therefore, it is completely unacceptable to first do all sorts of tests and then start compiling the patient’s medical history.
All information is provided here for the correct orientation and familiarization of patients with all the existing possibilities of modern medicine in Spain, but, without a doubt, we strongly advise against self-diagnosis.
NEED A CONSULTATION? CLICK HERE – BOOK A CONSULTATION WITH A DOCTOR
Body fluid analyzsis:
The most frequently tested liquids:
- Blood (analysis for genital infections; analysis of general blood and urine analysis; DNA analysis; semen analysis; analysis for HIV and Hepatitis; analysis for the presence of parasites; hormone analysis; blood sugar analysis; hCG analysis; PSA analysis; PCR analysis; analysis for any type of allergy; analysis of intolerance to anesthetics)
- The fluid that surrounds the spinal cord and brain (cerebrospinal fluid)
- Intra-articular fluid (synovial fluid)
- Less commonly, sweat, saliva, and fluid from the digestive tract (eg, gastric juice) are analyzed. In some cases, the analyzed fluids are only present in coincidence with a specific disease, for example, when fluid accumulates in the abdominal cavity (in the case of ascites), or that line the walls of the lungs (pleura).
Full list of available tests in Valencia:
- Laboratory indicators: blood, plasma and serum
- Laboratory indicators: urine
- Laboratory values: cerebrospinal fluid
- Laboratory indicators: coprogram
- Laboratory values: other analyzes
- Functional tests
Valintermed specialists will help you take a blood test in Spain and consult in Russian. Based on these data, if necessary, an individual prevention program will be developed that will allow you to cope with certain health problems.
Are you in Spain temporarily as a tourist? – The ability to quickly pass any analysis and pass a quick examination is available. Medical tourism in Spain.
We offer a quick and anonymous test for genitourinary infections (STD test). Results are usually obtained within two to three days. Sowing and antibiogram are performed, which gives you the opportunity to immediately prescribe treatment.
The patient receives all standard analyzes within 24 hours to his e-mail, or by SMS notification.
If you are a resident of Spain, then you can sign up for a consultation on your private insurance policy (Sanitas, Adeslas, Asisa, Aegon, DKV). All costs for standard analyzes are covered by your insurance company.
If you are not a resident of Spain, then the tests will be paid.